Web Accessibility is becoming increasingly important on the Internet. 'Web Accessibility' refers to making your website usable by users of all abilities, including those with disabilities. In many countries (including the UK) failure to provide an accessible website can result in legal action on the grounds of disability.
Web Accessibility not only makes your website easier to use for all, but can also provide additional benefits to your website and company:
- Enables search engines to view your content more easily, improving your search engine ranking
- Improve website loading times - accessible design often improves the website performance for users with low bandwidth or slow connection.
- Accessibility will future proof your website against new technologies. Websites optimised for accessibility incorporate latest web standards and techniques, which help websites 'degrade gracefully'.
- Generally, improving accessibility also improves the ease of use for all users.
- Cross browser compatibility. It is important that accessible design improves the way your website works on different web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. It also improves your webpage's performance on web-able mobile devices such as PDA's, Blackberrys and iPhones.
- Accessibility can reduce site maintenance by separating the structure from the presentation, and incorporating the techniques and best practice that accessible design advocates.
- Incorporating accessibility in your design helps demonstrate your social responsibility
- Accessibility Consultancy
- Extensive accessibility reviews of existing websites
- Accessibility advice and training
- Building accessible websites
ACT NOW to take advantage of special rates of up to 75% off our normal prices. Please also enquire about our FREE accessibility services in special circumstances.